Dear Health Law Section Members:
The Health Law Section (“HLS”) website has been updated with February through March 2020 articles on significant developments in the health law arena that may be of interest to you in your practice. This edition is unique in that many of the articles focus on the recent COVID-19 pandemic affecting the nation. As a result, we have divided this edition into COVID-19-related articles versus non-COVID-19 related articles, with the former appearing at the beginning of this publication. We also recognized that some of these articles may discuss overlapping topics, but the Editors believed these issues are significant enough to include various perspectives. Please note that the laws are changing on an almost-daily basis. As such, some of these Updates may no longer be entirely accurate by the time these Updates are published or reviewed. We recommend that our readers consult applicable legal authorities to evaluate whether the information summarized herein is still accurate upon reading these Updates.
These summaries are presented to HLS members for general information only and do not constitute legal advice from The Florida Bar or the HLS. HLS thanks the following volunteers who have generously donated their time to prepare these summaries for our members:
- Audrey Davis, Esq., Elizabeth Scarola, Esq., & Kathleen Premo, Esq., Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Barbara L. Kornblau, Esq., Law Office of Barbara L. Kornblau and Coalition for Disability Health Equity
- Colby J. Ellis, Esq., Johnson Jackson PLLC
- William Gamble, JD, LLM, CASP, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- Angelina Gonzalez, Esq., Panza, Maurer, & Maynard, P.A.
- Amy Morse, Esq., Morse & Morse, LLC
- Jeffrey Mustari, Esq., Southern Health Lawyers, LLC
- Amanda Newlon, Esq., Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Nicole M. Perez, J.D., Government & Legislative Relations Manager, Florida Blue
- Tadena Simpson, Esq., Senior Counsel, Envision Rx Options
- Jessica Weissman, PhD, RDN, LDN, Program Director and University Department Chair at Keiser University, Melbourne
- Sam Winikoff, Esq., Beighley, Myrick, Udell & Lynne, P.A.
Jamie Gelfman, Esq., Nelson Mullins Broad and Cassel, HLS Editor in Chief
Ashley Brevda, Esq., Corp Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer, Oncology Analytics, Inc., HLS Team Editor
Trish Huie, Esq., Patricia A. Huie, PLLC, HLS Team Editor