Become a Member
The Florida Bar’s Health Law Section is a forum dedicated to education and professional development of health law professionals in Florida.
Health law involves the application of federal, state, and local law, rules, and regulations regarding the delivery of health care services. Typically, health lawyers represent individuals, groups, institutional health care providers, managed care organizations, third-party payors, pharmaceutical businesses, and device manufacturers, and others in the healthcare industry.
By joining the Health Law Section, you become part of a dedicated community of health law professionals and your membership includes the following benefits:
- Continuing Education, including free and discounted content for members
- Publications, including newsletters and Section news
- Summaries of new legal issues, cases and opinions of interest, and rule developments
- Professional networking events – connect with other attorneys dedicated to health law and operating across the broad spectrum of areas in health law.
Membership is available to Florida Bar members, affiliates, and students:
- $40 for Florida Bar members
- $50 for Affiliates (individuals who are not members of the Florida Bar but who work in the health care industry).
- $25 for law students
Members of the Health Law Section of the Florida Bar can enjoy the following benefits:
- Discounts with our approved vendors and service and equipment providers.
- Exclusive job postings, office space rentals, equipment for sale in our classifieds section.
- Mentorship program for law students and young attorneys.
- Health Law specific continuing legal education courses.
- Networking and socializing events with fellow health law professionals.
- Serve on the Executive Council or Committees.
- Opportunity to earn Health Law Section awards for pro bono activities, leadership, diversity and more.
- Access to our newsletters and health law news and updates.
- Placement in our Lawyer Directory.
- And more…